Arroyo Energy is an independent investment manager focused on equity investments in power generation and energy infrastructure assets in the US, Mexico, and Chile.
Arroyo Energy’s offices and teams are in Houston, Texas, in Monterrey, Mexico and in Santiago, Chile.
From 2003 to 2014, Arroyo Energy took part in more than 20 power generation asset transactions on behalf of Bear Sterns and J.P.Morgan.
Starting in 2015, it launched its first independent private equity fund, Arroyo Energy Fund II, investing more than USD 685 million of its equity capital up until 2020 in the following:
- Brandywine: combined-cycle plant in Maryland, USA
- Broadriver: dual fuel power plant in South Carolina, USA
- Nueva Era: natural gas pipeline from Texas to Mexico
- Arco 1: Arrayan Wind and Conejo Solar plants in Chile
- Arco 2: wind and solar PMGD plants in Chile
- Huinala: natural gas power plant in Monterrey, Mexico
- Lifecycle: turnkey power plants for the oil industry in USA
During 2020, Arroyo Energy launched its second independent private equity fund, Arroyo Energy Fund III whose latest investment includes Gasmar, one of the two main LPG receiving and storage terminal in Chile.