Arroyo is an independent investment manager focused on power and energy infrastructure assets in North America and Chile with a core-plus risk profile.
Arroyo has offices in Houston (headquarters) and Santiago, Chile.
From 2003 through 2014, the Arroyo team deployed and realized investments in more than 20 power related transactions on behalf of its investing partners — Bear Stearns and J.P. Morgan. Beginning in 2015, Arroyo launched its first independent private equity fund, Arroyo Fund II. In 2019, Arroyo launched its second independent private equity fund, Arroyo Fund III. Fund II and III, together with affiliated partnership funds have invested more than $1.3 billion of equity capital since inception. Arroyo currently manages over $2.5 billion in assets under management, comprised of the following assets:
- Brandywine: Dual-fuel combined cycle facility in Maryland (USA)
- Broad River: Dual-fuel peaking facility in South Carolina (USA)
- Pemcorp: Natural gas-fired bespoke plant in Monterrey, Mexico
- Nueva Era: Natural gas pipeline from Texas to Mexico
- Arco 1: Wind and solar plants in Chile
- Arco 2: Wind and solar PMGD plants in Chile
- Huinala: Natural gas power plant in Monterrey, Mexico
- Powin: Scalable battery storage solutions business
- Life Cycle Power: Turn-key distributed power generation provider (USA)
- Gasmar: Liquid Petroleum Gas terminal and storage facility in Chile
Arroyo targets opportunities with potential for growth in operating margin through the implementation of the key areas of expertise the Arroyo team maintains in house, without the use of operating partners. Arroyo self-sources its transactions using a proprietary network of relationships developed over the past 25 years of extensive presence in the North and South American energy investment space.